Thursday, February 10, 2011

Arkansas "Blizzard"

Within the past month we have seen so much snow!  Yesterday we got our second snow storm or southern "blizzard" (for you Abbey) of 6+ inches of snow!!!!  & last weekend we received a little over an inch.  Although I'm ready for days at the lake with the sun beating down on me as I listen to some Kenny Chesney or Tim McGraw (ahhh that sounds so good) its been nice to have the extra time with Daddy.    
Since our first snow Joey has really wanted to go sledding.  When he mentioned it yesterday morning, Avery quickly asked, "What is sledding?"  From that moment on we were bound to find something to work as a sled.  (They are hard to come by here especially when snow is in the forecast)

So this is what my clever husband came up with:
Just an ordinary saucer for the baby...
 Makes for a pretty awesome sled!!!!!!!

We lasted quite a while!

& even Ansley took a turn

These are taken later in the evening-
Avery loved making snow angels &
I still can not believe how much snow!



A short clip of Joey and Avery going down the hill
(please ignore my obnoxious laugh... is it just me or does it make everyone as uncomfortable as it makes me to hear myself on audio?!)

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Great snow pictures and what a smart sled idea! (And your laugh is cute and I love how Avery squeals with delight on the video)

Chefwife said...

Your laugh is cute, you are cute, and your family is cute. I love the pic of you and Ansley on the "sled"! Looks like a lot of fun.

Cat and Blake Potter said...

i love your laugh, stop it!

The Hacketts said...

Great Snow Photos! I don't know about you, but I am over all the cold weather. I mean yes Georgia is lovely when it snows, but me & cold weather do not get along. Like you said, I'm ready for the sun to be beating down on me as well. Come on SUMMER time!!!

Abbey and Todd said...

I love the make-shift sled!! Awesome idea. This snow has been beautiful, and I'm glad you got to enjoy it :) And your laugh is the sexiest thing I've ever heard.

Rosanne Boyd said...

That is so cute!! I love the sled and I love Avery's little squeal!! That looks like so much fun :) Miss and love you!

Robyn said...

Wow that is a lot of snow! More than we got last week. I have to say I am jealous of how everyone in the south got snow days...us Coloradoans need snow days too sometimes! Nice sled idea, I remember using cookie sheets on the rare occasion that it snowed.

Unknown said...

That is a lot of snow! Crazy! And Ansley is freaking adorable!