Saturday, August 28, 2010

1 Month



Ansley is 1 month old today!
She had her first Doctor's appointment on Tuesday and she had gained more weight (which was good, but not as much as they wanted). She was averaging about 17 grams a week and they want her to be gaining 20-30 grams a week. So they made appointments for me to come in for weekly weigh ins to monitor her progress. I went back in on Friday for our "weigh in" appointment and she had gained 3.5 oz.!!!! (which averages to 32 grams a week) We were so excited and no more weigh ins, just regular dr. appointments for us:) I also have been reading up very thoroughly on the booklet the speech pathologist gave me to make sure that Ansley's development is on track. So far she is right on target!!!!!
Being a big sister has been so good for Avery!

Just a couple things that have made us laugh or surprised us:

Anytime Ansley cries Avery will say to me, "Mom, make her not be sad!"
Today when Ansley was crying in the car, she told me the same thing and then I looked back and she was trying to give Ansley the pacifier. When Avery gave up on trying that she covered up her ears. :)

When we went to Ansley's Dr. appointment Avery made sure to tell the Doctor that Ansley was just visiting here and she was coming home with us! Today as Grandma was getting ready to leave, she was holding Ansley. Avery strictly told Grandma that she could not have Ansley because she is to stay at our house! Avery is very protective of her and always has to know where she is and what she is doing. It is so sweet!


9 comments:

The Clanton Gang said...

Aw, Avery is so sweet!! I'm so happy that Ansley is home and doing well. Yay for miracles!

The Hacketts said...

Aww, Avery is going to be a great big sister. I'm so happy everyone is together and enjoying Ansley. She is so beautiful and I cannot wait to see more photo's of her as she continues to grow! We love you all!!

Robyn said...

Avery is such a cute big sis, and Ansley is just too adorable!

Unknown said...

Yeah Ansley! What a month it has been! Hopefully it gets more stress free!

Unknown said...

yay for good check-ups!! yay for sweet big sisters!! so happy things are going well. love y'all :)

Penny said...

They are so cute! Glad she is gaining weight appropriately! I am so happy for y'all.

MommaG said...

Ansley looks so much like Joey to me. And that bow is a hoot! She looks like "please, mom, take this off!" I'm glad that Avery is lovin' being a big sister, and so glad that Ansley gained weight. We continue to pray for you all!

The Wallentines said...

YAY! I love your girls! They are both so beautiful and Ansley def. looks like a Graham! We love ya'll and hope that we can see you soon!

Amy Cate said...

wow. your story inspires me. my daughter lucia was born last week, 9/13, and was oxygen deprived. she was on the cooling blanket. her recovery is slow and definitely challenging. we are still scared she wont make it. thank yhou for this. it really inspires me. please feel free to contact me i'd love to talk to someoene else who's been there-
esposito.amy@gmail.com


congratulations!!
amy esposito