Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What a Day!

Joey and I just recently left the hospital and today has been one of the best days EVER! We walked into the NICU just like normal, washed our hands and put on our gowns to head back to Pod 2. This time as we walked up to Ansley's little station it looked a lot less busy. The Nitric Oxide machine is gone (they took that away yesterday and were able to do all her testing) and as of today she is completely off the ventilator. The huge tube is no longer down her throat and she looks so much more comfortable. Joey, Avery and I all sat around her like normal and were talking to her. Not but a few minutes later we were all startled as she let out a little cry. It was the first time we have heard her make any kind of noise and we were all so excited!!! Then the nurse brought an outfit over, let me change her diaper and put the outfit on her. Then yes, we got to do what we've been wanting to do for the past 2 weeks... We got to hold her!!!!!! I'm thinking as I hold her - do I have to share, I have two weeks worth of holding to get in!... but I know how excited Joey was to hold her too; I was grateful he let me go first:)

The doctor then came over to Ansley's station and gave us the MIRACULOUS results and we feel so blessed and know it is due to our Heavenly Father and all the thoughts, love, support and prayers of each of you!

Now for the test results:
MRI - They told us her brain looked NORMAL with the exception of a thrombus on the right side of the brain. A thrombus is a blood clot, but something the doctor said should heal/dissolve on its own and not a concern!

The Renal Ultrasound showed NORMAL kidneys and her creatinine levels are now where they are supposed to be! I was thinking back to a week ago when her levels were 3 times what they were supposed to be and how Joey and I were mentally preparing ourselves for the possibility of dialysis. I can't explain how grateful we both were to hear this!!!

She is completely off of all blood pressure medications and due to all this exciting news Joey and I forgot to ask about the Pulmonary Hypertension...

They started feeding her my breast milk yesterday. They started her out at 9 mls(which is not much, but still something); she did so well that they increased it to 20 mls today! They told me that tomorrow we can introduce her to mommy feeding:)

Our first family picture
Avery asked the doctor when Baby Ansley can come to our home and he told her that if things keep going well, she will be home this month!!!! WHAT GREAT NEWS!

This pic is from a couple days ago, the nurse had her all dolled up when we came in, she looked like a little Anne Geddes baby! I can't tell you how much we love her and how blessed we feel!!!


Thought I'd share my favorite quote and scripture that has kept me going these past 2 weeks:

"Keep the faith; it pays such great dividends!" -Marjorie Hinckley

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
(From her book titled "Small and Simple Things")

31 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm still crying at your posts! I can't imagine what it must have been like to hold her for the first time after two weeks! I am still not good at sharing my baby - so I don't blame you for keeping her all to yourself! I'm so happy for the test results! What a miracle! Love you and your family is adorable! And you look amazing!

Molly said...

me too - I'm crying!! She is so beautiful and I am so glad things are working out and you get to take her home soon!! :)

Unknown said...

WOW! That is tremendous...I think that is the best news I have heard....EVER! Love you guys and still praying!!!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! I'm so happy that you finally got to hold your sweet little Ansley. So glad to hear that she is doing so well,thats great. I must say I am a huge believer in the power of preisthood blessings, prayer and fasting. I know thats what got us through what we went through with Olivia and whats getting you guys through all that you've been through these last two weeks. We'll keep you guys in our prayers that she can come home REAL soon!

The Clanton Gang said...

I keep checking back to see if you've updated. What a happy surprise! It truly is a miracle--I am so happy for y'all! Can't wait to hear more good news!! :) XOXO

wordandcraft said...

That is the best news ever!!! We are so happy for your little family!

llewellynw said...

Rachel and Joey, I'm agreeing with Rochelle and Molly, it is hard to keep the tears from falling. This is the best news. I'm so happy for your sweet family and know that Ansley will continue to bring you many blessings.

Becca said...

What amazing news! So happy for your little family and hoping that Ansley will get to come home with you sooner than later.

Gerbera Daisy Diaries said...

What else can I say that hasn't been said -- tears of joy, happiness for your family, blessings from above, WOW! -- so excited for your good news!!

The Hacketts said...

This is what we have been waiting for since the last update. We are so happy to hear that Ansley is making improvements and being able to come home soon, Now that is FANTASTIC news. We wish you all the best and We are really looking forward to seeing you all again, hopefully soon! Little Miss Ansley is beautiful. We love you all and Miss you. Take care and God Bless!!!

Julie said...

Words can hardly explain my happiness for you guys! It is such a testimony of Heavenly Father and prayer to see miracles in action. What a happy day for all of you! Hugs and Kisses!

Aloha_Misty said...

How wonderful! I am so happy to hear she is doing so well.What an amazing blessing. You finally got to hold you baby :)

Unknown said...

Wow! That is some awesome news. You go Ansley!!

Mark Hackett

the fowlers said...

I'm so glad to hear such good news. I hope she does get to come home soon. So many miracles - she really is something special.
Oh! That little hat is so adorable!

Betty Graham said...

Joey/Rachel, I am so thankful for this wonderful news !!
More prayers going out for Baby Ansley
Love you all, Gran Ma

koutroulakisfamily said...

Sorry to leave posts everywhere but I'm just so happy to hear the good news! You all are such a beautiful family and inspiration. And sharing! Now that would have been hard to do : )

Cat and Blake Potter said...

I am SOO happy for you and I can feel the excitement and love radiating from what you've written. What an incredible blessing!! You have a beautiful family Rachel, congrats on all the great news :)

Unknown said...

I have been so worried...and I know there can still be issues, but WOW!! What wonderful, happy, blissful news!
Congratulations!

MommaG said...

AMEN and AMEN! One of my favorite scriptures, too, Rachel! What a wonderful report. Tears came to my eyes as I saw you holding your precious baby, and I am grateful that the Lord has been merciful and heard our collective prayer. The power of the priesthood and the restored gospel is real, and Ansley is just another miracle to prove it! Love you all!

GeorgiaBecksteads said...

I'm so happy for you! What a wonderful sigh of relief. I'm so glad you finally got to hold her. I'm sure the whole family is on cloud nine!
We love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Great news! We're so happy for you!

Suzette Selden said...

Such great news! I am so happy for y'all. Love ya. Such a beautiful family!!!

Penny said...

I have been anxiously waiting for the next post. i am SOO happy for y'all!! I love you!

LegallyAllred said...

Joey and Rachel,

I just found out, today, about what ya'll have been and still are going through. I am so happy that things are looking up and admire your strength through this trial. I can't express my love for you and your family and wish there was something I could do to help. Please know you are in our prayers. I'm so glad that I now have your blog so we can keep in touch. Lots of LOVE!

Abbey and Todd said...

Yay! We are so happy for you. I hope things continue to go well. She is a beautiful baby, and we can't wait to meet her!

Colleen said...

What a blessing. And a beautiful family. I'm so happy for you, and so glad that she is doing so much better. Y'all are in my prayers. Rachel your strength is an inspiration...

Love,
Colleen

Linds and Allen said...

I've been checking everyday to hear some news- glad it is such good news. Thinking of you guys all the time and sending more love from Athens!

Lisa said...

Even though I've been out of town this month, I have been checking your blog to see how it is all going. I am so happy to hear this great news! Ansley is an adorable little doll!

Tenille said...

YAY!!! We are so happy for y'all!!! When I told the kids about it they were so excited and said that their prayers have been working :D Love you!

Rhonda Jo said...

"Song for Baby"
Dedicated to Baby Ansley

I’ll walk in the rain by your side
I’ll cling to the warmth of your hand
I’ll do anything to keep you satisfied
I’ll love you more than anybody can

And the wind will whisper your name to me
Little birds will sing along in time
Leaves will bow down when you walk by
And morning bells will chime

I’ll be there when you’re feelin’ down
To kiss away the fears if you cry
I’ll share with you all the happiness I’ve found
A reflection of the love in your eyes

And I’ll sing you the songs of the rainbow
A whisper of the joy that is mine
And leaves will bow down when you walk by
And morning bells will chime

I’ll walk in the rain by your side
I’ll cling to the warmth of your tiny hand
I’ll do anything to help you understand
And I’ll love you more than anybody can

And the wind will whisper your name to me
Little birds will sing along in time
Leaves will bow down when you walk by
And morning bells will chime

Rhonda Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.