Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Taylor Swift Baby!!!!!!

Back in February I learned Taylor Swift was coming to Little Rock in October.  I got online to find tickets possibly for Avery's birthday, and Holy Cow-- tickets for seats in the nose bleeds were almost $100.00!!!!!  I'd looked on ebay and Craigslist too with no luck for less expensive tickets.  I have listened to the radio for multiple ways to win and tried so many times I couldn't possibly count.  

The 2 days before the concert, KSSN played Taylor Swift songs each hour and when you heard a song you had to be a certain caller to win tickets.  I listened both days, ALL DAY.  Even Joey helped me call when he got home from school and in the mornings.

The day of the concert I was at a friends house here in my ward.  I was cutting her kids' hair and she was asking me what I'd been up to.  I laughingly told her what a dork I was, and how I finally told myself I needed to get some things done and turned the radio off.  She said, "Taylor Swift, you say?"  I responded, "Yes."  She then went on to casually say that she thought her husband had some tickets and they didn't really care much for country and wouldn't be using them.  She proceeded to call him.  He didn't answer cause he was in a meeting.  I didn't get my hopes up.  I had already told myself it wasn't going to happen.  We left the Hansen's around 3pm.

On the way home from picking Joey up from school, I get a call and my phone says Jennifer H.. (My friend here in the ward)  I seriously think my heart skipped a beat, ok maybe 2!  I answered and she told me she had 4 tickets for me that I could come pick up cause the concert was in 2 hours!!!!!!

We quickly drove home.
 I was so giddy!
 Avery ran into her room and grabbed her cowgirl boots. I put mine on too:)
We got dressed and were on our way with more excitement than I can possibly write.
We were jammin' out to Taylor the whole way there. 
& Jennifer's daughter, Wesleigh, came with us.  (Avery loves her)
 I just hope she always will want her mama to go to concerts with her!
 Such CUTE & FUN girls!
 At the car headed into the Concert!!! Woo Hoo!
 Taylor Swift Baby!!!!!!!
 Wesleigh told me some of her friends from school were going. I told her not to get her hopes up because the verizon arena is a big place.  How fun that we DID in fact run into them:)
 Waiting for the concert to start!
Silly faces
 More silly faces!

Wesleigh was one of my activity day girls and there is Never a dull moment with her!
Between her and Avery I felt like a kid again and we partied it up!
In one of Taylor's advertisement posters for Cover Girl she is striking a pose with her arms behind her head.
The girls asked me what she was doing... 
I told them she was posing, then they started doing it- hahahaha
 Everything was so P.R.E.T.T.Y.
 Avery was singing every word to Mean
Some day I'll be livin' in a big ol' city...   Why you gotta be so mean
She was crackin' me up and I was lovin' it!

We were all 3 standing up, screaming, and singing the majority of the time.
So FUN

 My favorite performance of the night:
(Back to December) + some lyrics from the song-It's too late to apologize...
She played the piano, fake snow fell, and she wore a beautiful light blue sparkly dress.

Just BEAUTIFUL
 Before we left she came to the back (closer to where we were) and the last song we heard before we left was Fearless!!!!!  

She plays the guitar, the banjo, the fiddle, the piano...
She has got talent!!!!
We <3 Taylor Swift
Although I acted like a crazy teenager squealing the whole night, I DID responsibly leave at 9:45pm (before it was over).  Poor Avery hadn't had a nap and her head was a bobbin'.  She cried when I finally decided we needed to leave.  I also realized I hadn't talked with Jennifer about a time to get Wesleigh home...
So UNFORTUNATELY, we left before it was over, BUT I was/am GRATEFUL for EVERY minute of it!
It was a night to remember & we are still talking about it!

5 comments:

Penny said...

YAY! I'm so happy y'all got to go. I remember you talking about it while I was there!

Suzette Selden said...

So fun! So glad you go to go!!!

Rosanne Boyd said...

So FUN!! I wish I could have gone with you girls, it looks like you had a great time!!

Linds and Allen said...

I love that you so shamelessly love Taylor Swift. I kinda hate her music, but can't help but to sing her songs out loud in the car when it's just me an Azalee :) I'd never admit it to my husband.

Abbey and Todd said...

This is so cute. One day you will show Avery pictures of when she still thought you were cool and went to a concert with you :) And I LOVE the boots!! Have you seen that Cohen has some? I can't wait for him to grow into them. Todd doesn't like them though so I may have to come to your house for him to wear them!!