Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter

We began the festivities with an Easter Egg hunt Good Friday with lots of our church friends
It was very muddy, but made for some good puddle jumpin' for the kiddies!
Avery and a few of her buddies 
Off to hunt eggs!
I actually forgot my camera for the egg hunt-- But some of my good friends got these great pics of my kiddos!  Thanks gals:)
Ansley and Theo
His mom and I had the same due date... He is two weeks older!

& Sunday the Easter Bunny paid our new house a visit!

**I really wanted to be moved into our new house for Easter so- we moved in Easter weekend.
In my mind it all worked out nicely and envisioned us being all settled by Easter morn.

This was not the case and yet again my unrealistic expectations didn't turn out as planned
BUT I did finish Avery's Easter dress by 3am Sunday morning (in time for Easter) and we had a Fantastic Easter morning. (Despite boiling water for baths and our big key fiasco- but we'll save that for another post)



 This is not how I pictured Easter morn in my head but still good:)
We also talked about the resurrection and in my primary class I ventured from the book a little and let all the kids talk about Jesus (their favorite stories and how they feel about him)
It was such a refreshing Sunday and yet another reminder of how grateful I am for our Savior's sacrifice for each of us.

 The girls and the goodies

 Our friends from GA shared Easter with us and it was a treat!
I would have never stayed up til 3am to sew alone...
 Pics of our CUTIES
 It must be impossible to get 4 kids to look at the camera all at once


 Ansley and Carter
I know she loves having a play date all the time like big sis
 Avery and Aubrey
 Neither are looking
But this is them:)
 Ansley was loving huntin' the eggs
 Such a big girl-- makes me a lil sad
 & of course lovin' the chocolate






3 comments:

Penny said...

So happy for you that you were able to move into your new house!! I need to come and visit and I will, promise! I have always wanted to go to Arkansas!! The dresses turned out adorable, you are so talented!!

lillie said...

Cute dresses, did you make both of them? Also congrats on the house!!

kristin said...

i LOVE your parquet floors! never change them:) and your dress turned out great!