Sunday, January 9, 2011

December to Remember


 December was such a fun month in our house BUT
rushed by much too quickly!

 Little Ansley is not so little anymore and is rolling around everywhere...
Mommy doesn't know if she is ready for 2 mobile kiddos!

Avery and Ansley with Santa at the Ward Christmas party
Some of the CUTE little bakers I had in the kitchen with me this month
We made cupcakes and muddy buddies (aka Reindeer Food)- YUM!

One of the nights I was trying to keep the girls occupied while Joey was studying for one of his last finals...  (he must've taken a quick break)  
Joey surprised me (well kinda... I'm the hardest person to keep things from)  He told me back at the end of Nov. not to plan anything for Dec.18.  I really did try this time not to ruin his surprise until the radio advertised that TRANSIBERIAN ORCHESTRA was coming to Little Rock on that date!  I knew we were going:)  When we lived in Georgia I wanted to go see them so bad, but they always came on a Sunday.  The concert was INCREDIBLE and not long enough.  I definitely want to go again!
SO AWESOME!

More baking in the kitchen!
Avery and Joey melting chocolate for oreo truffles
The night of Christmas Eve
We read some Christmas stories including the birth of Jesus while Avery placed the pieces on our felt nativity
Then Santa stopped here!

Ansley on Christmas morning
She was loving the lights and wrapping paper! (the sound it makes and she accidentally ate a little bit- oops!)
Some Christmas Love
Avery was more than willing to help show Ansley how to open presents
Christmas continues to get better every year!
I love seeing my girls so HAPPY!
Avery out riding her bike Santa brought
& some of you might think this is a little crazy, but Avery is always wanting to go to "Daddy's lab."  So yes on Christmas Day while we had time we took the girls up to the lab to see what Daddy does.  Avery was very intrigued and Ansley was even a delight the whole time we were there.
A few other things December included:
Lots of Christmas Movie watching
Avery LOVED- The Polar Express (which she calls Chicken Express- let's you know how often we ate there in GA), How the Grinch Stole Christmas & Home Alone
Multiple Christmas Parties/ Gift Exchanges (with some ladies in the ward & Joey's lab)
& an AWESOME trip to TX that I hope to post soon!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ansley's hair cracks me up! It's so long already!

Cat and Blake Potter said...

love all the pics, especially the one joey took of you reading with the girls :)

Jessi said...

So so cute! I love the first picture of Ansley! Your December looks great, you're a great mom!

Penny said...

Such a fun month! I think it's hilarious Avery likes the lab so much!