Monday, December 20, 2010

More Avery Funnies


**Trying to get everything 2010 in before the New Year, hence all the posting as of late***

#1-  Being Grateful
(pic i had of Avery practicing with Dad for Santa's lap)
Precursor-- Avery has asked me lately why the bell ringers are standing outside stores we've been to.  I explained to her that there are some people who don't have anything and this a way we can help give to them.  Then I've really reiterated that we should be grateful for what we have and not always asking for more and more.  I think she may be catching on because--

A few nights ago I was leaving for a girls night and Ansley was crying.  I laughed and gave Joey a hard time saying, "see ya & have fun with that".  Joey quickly responds to me by joking back saying, "well if you're going to leave like this at least give me your boobs!"  (Ansley is not too fond of the bottle yet...)  Avery was standing nearby, overheard and quickly retorts, "No Dad you can't have mom's boobs!"  Avery then pats Joey on the chest while telling him, "you just need to be grateful for what you have Dad!"
(Avery & Isabelle watching the primary kids sing.  They are VERY excited for Primary)

#2-Daddy's Occupation

Avery had one of her buddies over the other day and this is a conversation I overheard while they were playing Doctor with her toy Dr. Kit-

Isabelle (as she is using the toy stethoscope to listen to Avery) :  Avery, did you know my Daddy is a Doctor?

Avery :  Oh, my Daddy is a Hottie.  That's what my mom says.

Yes, I about lost it...

7 comments:

amm said...

those are some awesome moments!

Unknown said...

Soooo cute!

the fowlers said...

ooo, she is too smart! how funny. i wish she were coming into our primary - i would love to play with her every week. :)

Lisa said...

Oh my!!! I have just busted up laughing reading these! So funny!

Rosanne Boyd said...

She just cracks me up- I love it!! Miss you and I can't wait to see you!!!

Chefwife said...

I love the hottie comment. So funny, and the bra in a previous post! Funny girl.

The Hacketts said...

:) your Avery has hit the repeating stage just like my Cody. Actually we have been in that stage for quite some time now, but sometimes it's hard to not laugh. She's a cutie pie that's for sure