Saturday, November 13, 2010

Hide-n-Seek & Hairpulling

Highlights from our week:

Avery has learned to play hide-n-seek, but has not quite gotten the hang of it...
After the seeker counts and calls out, "ready or not here I come!", she immediately responds, "I'm right here."  This is frustrating yet funny for a competitive mommy who placed her in the ULTIMATE hiding place where I was sure daddy would never find her!!!
 The hiding place I concocted (in the storage closet wedged between boxes and the vacuum was in front of her)
 one of her hiding places


& the Fun Begins...
I am in the kitchen getting lunch ready and Avery lets out a loud shrill.  She runs into me sobbing because Ansley has pulled her hair.  While Avery was playing with Ansley, Ansley had gotten a good hold on her hair.  Sure enough when I went over to where Ansley was she had a good several pieces of Avery's locks in her hand.  I can't decide if Avery was more heartbroken that Ansley would do such a thing because she adores her little sister or if it really hurt that bad.  I explained to her that Ansley doesn't really know what she is doing yet and Avery seemed to be ok with it.  Since then she always asks me to pull her hair back before playing with lil sis:)  I got a feeling this time won't be the last!

One stinkin' CUTE "hair-puller"


p.s.  How I got outsmarted by a 3 year old this week:
Avery is our little 'aquaholic'.
I can NOT keep her out of the water.
It doesn't help that the only entrance to her bathroom is through her bedroom.
I am ALWAYS getting onto her about playing in the water.
So today when I'm feeding Ansley I hear the water running
for a LONG time
Finally I holler for her to come here-
She knows what I'm going to say to her.
When she comes around the corner to where I am
before I even get a word out she tries to convincingly tell me, "Mom, I'm not playing in the water, I'm just washing my hands 5 times!"  
She really keeps me on my toes...

6 comments:

Penny said...

She's a smart one!! Just think what she will be saying when she is a teenager.

Rosanne Boyd said...

I love it!! They are too cute!

Unknown said...

Cute!! And I am sure the hairpulling is only beginning. Paden gets hurt by Brendon and will ask him to say sorry!

Molly said...

Oh the fun of little children. I love it. Our hide-n-seek is similar, as we are looking and saying "Are they in the bathroom?" we hear a very audible "NO!" It's hilarious!

Lisa said...

I love her answer about the water. Avery is a smart and sweet little girl!

The Hacketts said...

Hahaha, too cute. Amazing how much a 3 year old knows. Cody says & does some crazy things and sometimes I can hardly believe my eyes & ears.