Friday, January 15, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving "Grandma and Grandpa Scruffy" (I think I have mentioned before Avery distinguishes her grandparents by their dogs) came from TX to visit along with my brothers. It was an eventful weekend:) I don't know why we didn't get more pictures but here are a few...
I convinced Robert to go on what he thought was a 2 mile run with me cause he kept talking trash that he could beat me... well, I tricked him and took him on a 4 mile route and I smoked him. He would have beat me had we only done 2 miles (I am not a short distance runner but I knew I could beat him if I added some length, plus he didn't pace himself since he thought he was only running two miles). He wasn't too happy with me that night but he was the next morning:) What are big sisters for?!?!
We made a deal that if Joey would start running with me, I would go golfing with him. Joey has been doing some running lately, even if he has to bundle up Avery and take her along. Guess I better get ready to go golfing...maybe I can just drive the golf cart?!?!
It is so fun for me to watch my younger siblings interact with Avery. Ryan changed one of Avery's overnight diapers and that was hilarious! I'm just helping prepare them to be good daddies one day. Their future wives will thank me:) Avery has definitely hit the terrible twos and I think that she may have irritated them a little, but I just tell them Rose and I had to put up with you them when they were younger!!!
My mom took these pics as this is a daily routine of mine and Avery's. While mommy is putting on makeup, Avery thinks she needs to be too. Her #1 item she wanted for Christmas was chapstick, "chapstick like mommy's makeup!"
I know I am biased but I think Avery looks absolutely beautiful in this picture even with her crazy morning hair:) & Drumroll please.... Some exciting news was divulged Thanksgiving and we got a video of Rose's announcement that her and Bryan are expecting a baby June 14! Be sure to watch my dad; he is the funniest.

3 comments:

Charis said...

Love all your updates! Your sister has the perfect due date, well YOU do too ;-) SO happy for you guys and even happier that you'll be here when the baby is born ;-)

Rosanne Boyd said...

That video is funny! I'm glad I finally got to see it!! Bryan thought it was pretty funny too :)

Unknown said...

Golfing is a lot of fun! I enjoy going with Justus and driving the cart is fun! Love the video!