Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Weekend!!

Easter Weekend started out with a fun time at the G-DAY spring game. Although Avery only held out for 3 quarters we had a great time and I ran into one of my old friends from high school (yes all the way back from TX). She married a Georgia boy as well and is living in Gainesville, GA and her brother is drum major in the Georgia Red Coats band(its a small world)! Here is Avery with "THE UGA VII" ... He is a big deal and attends the Georgia football games. UGA VI passed away last summer and they had a big funeral for him in the stadium and the tomb of all the former UGAs is also inside the stadium. I was pleased to hear that amongst the NCAA coaches to call and give their condolences to Mark RIcht and bulldog nation, Mac Brown (longhorns head coach) was one of the first to call:)

When we saw kids heading down to get their pictures taken with the UGA bulldog I told Joey Avery had to have her picture with him, since just this week she has learned to say and identify "Ugga!" Unfortunately, she would not look at the camera but wanted to play with the "puppy."

Avery with Daddy between the hedges and dying to get down and see UGA again!
When we got home we dyed Easter Eggs and Avery thought that was pretty fun
Avery with her eggs!
With mommy dying more Easter eggs to take to Aunt Jill's tomorrow for the Easter Egg Hunt!
Look what the Easter bunny brought!!!
Avery and her Easter outfit! Joey's dad did some professional ones that I'll post later but this is a quick after church picture. Quick story: I had been dying to get Avery a little pettiskirt that I had continued to see in boutiques back when I was home in TX shopping with a friend and that I had seen in online boutiques but they were ridiculously priced... $85.00 (not gonna happen). I was driving by a Children's boutique in Watkinsville (outside of Athens) and happened to notice these pettiskirts out on the porch and a big sign that said SALE. Of course I stopped and got the skirt for $12.99! I then got online to see what kind of shirts they put with it and after looking through a few sights excitedly went on my way to Micheals. I already had the white shirt so I got some stuff to decorate it and made a bow to match! It was a fun and simple project that helped make me feel like more of a homemaker :)
And she prances around in it just like a little princess:)

5 comments:

Potter Family said...

She is soo cute in her little dress!!

GeorgiaBecksteads said...

I love the picture with Uga.

Unknown said...

I think I am the only one who didn't get anything for my child on Easter! That outfit is so cute! She really is the cutest thing ever!!

Rosanne Boyd said...

I love the Easter dress! She is just adorable!! Love You!

Unknown said...

you go miss creative :) love it.

i have wanted one of those skirts too - they are good for like newborns to big kids. i see them used in lots of photo shoots. nice deal you made :)

love you guys!!!