Thursday, July 15, 2010

ARKANSAS


Not long after moving here some of our friends from back in Athens came and visited with us for a day on their way to Missouri! It was perfect and Avery was so excited to see them. Upon arriving Avery had to make sure Logan was ok...

Time for the defibrillators!!!

This is the morning they were leaving. I don't think Avery was ready for them to leave...

Our life here in AR: First can I say that anytime I ever make jokes or poke fun of something I always tend to eat my words... and this is the case with my Arkansas jokes! It has been FABULOUS here and we couldn't have asked for an easier transition. I take back the mean jokes I made! Of course we miss Georgia and all our family and friends there but we really like it here:)

We've been to one Travelers game, which is a AA minor league baseball team here and although it was blazing hot had a lot of fun! While there watching the game they introduce the lead off hitter ... MICHEAL DEMPERIO (sp?) Joey and I instantly looked at each other as we recognized him from when he played at UGA!!!! We were so excited and are excited for more games so we can go cheer on an old Georgia b-ball player!!! After the game we went and walked down on the trail that goes along the Arkansas river and it was BEAUTIFUL!

After church one Sunday we drove to a nearby state park called Petit Jean. The story and history behind it is really cool! It was beautiful and will definitely be a future camping spot for us this fall:)

At the top at Petit Jean (no we didn't hike it, we drove) and my huge 37 week prego self! (check out those cankles!!!)

Old historic part of a house

My little Avery

If you hike down to the bottom of this there are Bear Caves. Avery was disappointed we didn't do it, but I don't know if I would have made it back up all those stairs!

Lucky for us, we moved into an apartment complex where another family in our ward lives and they have twin boys Avery's age! She loves playing with them and we have play dates with them on a regular basis.
Another perk to moving here is we get my family just 3 hours away! We made a trip down there and spent the 4th with them. It was a lot of fun; here is Avery going shopping with Uncle Ryan.
Avery helping Daddy with the fireworks
Avery and Grandma (They had a really good time with each other and I can tell my mom is really enjoying her role as Granma!)
Avery and her "Sprinkler" (aka sparkler) It was raining that night but we still had fun.
This is my new neighbor, Emily with her twin boys that are Avery's age! We love them:)
Our ward has been nothing but FABULOUS! 3 sweet ladies I met at book club threw me a shower. I could not believe the turn out for me (such a new member) and can not put into words what a great time I had and how loved I felt! This new baby is going to be so spoiled!!! The shower started at 7 and it was at Copeland's. We all enjoyed delicious desserts and I did not get home until close to 10pm! **On a side note-- I love that I now have the time to get to book club. We have some great discussions and read some interesting books even if they are not my fav. Last month we read Shanghai Girls by Lisa See and I loved it all but the ending. This month we read Nine Parts of Desire by Geraldine Brooks and it was not my favorite but very informative on the life of Islamic Women. My biggest problem with this book is that it is not written by a Muslim but a women journalist who spent time over there. Still it wasn't a waste of time and I feel better informed.**

Basket full of complete outfits for the new baby!
All the sweet ladies who came!!! I can not say thank you enough!!!
One of the awesome forts Avery and Joey built in our living room! (don't worry he didn't drop her on it, just pretended to)
With the arrival of this baby quickly approaching I'm trying to make the most of all my time with Avery. Tea parties with her are some of my favorites! & of course Sunshine, teddy and pinky pie have to join too!
This is our fav place to go after we pick up daddy from school. Its a sno-cone shack that has the finest shaved ice around and very inexpensive. Its the best on those days when the temps are over 100 degrees!
We told Avery she was a beach babe and now when she gets ready to go to the pool she makes sure to tell us she is! & now Granma's got her saying she is stylish too; She is too much!
We love her!
Baby Update: Went to the Dr. yesterday and NOTHING!
Not dilated at All!
In the words of my Dr. "I can't even lie to you, you're not dilated in the slightest!"
She then said she couldn't even feel the head and was worried the baby was breech...
She did an ultrasound and the baby wasn't breech...whew!
But she is measuring a couple weeks small (but so did Avery)
As for me I'm ready for her to come any day now...
But I guess inside my womb is pretty nice b/c its not looking like she's coming anytime soon (or as soon as I'd like!) 9 days from my due date and counting...


10 comments:

Penny said...

Glad the transition has been good. I would love to be in the south! I love summer so much!! Avery looks so cute and grown up in her bathing suit!!

Unknown said...

Love Love Love that things are going so well and that its been an enjoyable move. enjoyed the update and am just so happy y'all are doing so well, now if we could just convince baby #2 to come out soon!! sure do love you guys!

the fowlers said...

she does look stylish! i love that pose! she is going to be such a great big sister.

i'm so glad things are going well for you guys. i can't wait to see pictures of your baby - i hope everything goes perfectly for you. :)

Unknown said...

So cute! And you look really good in the picture..but did I see brown flip flops? LOL - And Avery is the CUTEST thing ever in her swimsuit! Can't wait to see you guys again!

Lisa said...

So I happened upon your blog from someone else's and I love it! I'm glad you like it here, cuz we are soooo happy to have you here!

Tenille said...

Thanks for the update!!! I'm so glad y'all are enjoying your new place. Avery is such a little cutie!!! Baby will be here soon, hang in there. Love and miss you!!!

Linds and Allen said...

So glad for you guys. I'm sure it is great to feel so included and cared about so fast after moving to a new place.

As for the baby- maybe she knows how hot it's going to be outside once she comes out so she's staying in to keep cool- I mean 98 is cooler than 101.

The Hacketts said...

Looks as if the Transition turned out to be not so bad. You all look like you are having a wonderful time out there. We sure do miss you here but we are happy that things are going well. Can't wait to see you all. Maybe a trip to AK is in our future :)

Abbey and Todd said...

Those pics of Avery in her swimsuite are SO cute!! what a beautiful girl - just like her mother! I'm glad you are liking it here - we are so happy to have you!!

Amanda and Daniel McLain said...

That is awesome that you all are enjoying Arkansas! What sweet women there are in your ward :-) And by the way, there were more people at your shower than there are in our RS meetings!!!! CRAZY!! :-)

We love and miss you guys!