Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Quick Update

So.... YES I have been a huge slacker when it comes to my blog but all for good reason! Lots of new and exciting things are in store for us this year. There are some really exciting things I wanted to post and share with our family and friends:

First- Joey and I are FINALLY graduating in 37 days!!!! Joey with his degree in Biology with a minor in German and mine in English Literature. It feels like its been a long road, but well worth it:)

Second- We are expecting another little GIRL in July! I think Joey was crossing his fingers for a boy, but we are both excited for Avery to have a sister; hopefully they'll be the best of friends:)

Lastly- Joey has been accepted to a Ph.D. program in Microbiology at the University of Arkansas Medical Sciences in Little Rock, AR! He makes a trip out there in a few weeks to take a tour of the campus and meet with the Professor(s) he'll be working with. If all goes well and he decides this is the program for him, we will be relocating to Little Rock the beginning of June! I am so proud of him :)

Lots of exciting changes and lots more work to do before graduation. Hopefully I can get on here very soon and update pictures of our growing family. (I only have 3 more papers and 4 tests left... not that I'm counting)

Thank you to all our friends and family who have helped get us to this point! & A SPECIAL THANKS TO DR. (Bro) BECKSTEAD FOR HIS ADVICE AND ALL HIS HELP (from taking Joey into his research lab for 3 semesters now, a letter of recommendation, help on his application and in preparing for his interview!) We feel so blessed :)
( I wanted to throw in a pic of Avery and the most recent one I have uploaded is this one from New Years... that just shows you how far behind school has put me!) I love this picture because as much as Joey hates to hear it, he is the perfect daddy for little girls! (& of course I'm a little biased)

9 comments:

The Clanton Gang said...

Yay for all of your great news. But boo that you're moving!! I'll miss you!

Unknown said...

so excited for y'all. sure do love you both so much and am so happy for all the new and exciting events in your lives.

Amber said...

What!!! You didn't say anything last night about Joey getting into grad school....I'm so excited for you all! But sad that you'll be leaving....what will the Laurels do without you?!?

Unknown said...

Yeah! Arkansas is one step closer to Utah! LOL - Yeah for updating! And yeah for graduating soon! So excited for you guys and for the new adventure 2010 will take you on!

Suzette Selden said...

Congratulations Rachel!!! I'm so happy for y'all. Love ya.

Amanda and Daniel McLain said...

Wow! How exciting :-) We will OF COURSE miss you guys! But we are really excited for all of these great blessing in your lives!

The Wallentines said...

Aww- Rachel!! YAY!! I'm so excited for you that I'm crying right now!! We love ya'll so much!!! Even though we can't visit each other often we're gonna miss having you close by but we're so excited for you and all of the exciting changes that you have coming! YOu two deserve the best! P.S.- We love that pic of Aubs and Avery!! Joey was absolutely meant to have girls!! Congrats on everything!!

Mary Mitchell said...

What an exciting year for you guys!! Congratulations on everything -- graduation, the baby, a PhD! Can't wait to see your baby girl when she arrives.

Suzette Selden said...

Congrats!!! I'm so happy for y'all.