Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Funny Episodes


Now that little Miss Avery is quite the talker, she has made us laugh on several occasions and keeps us on our toes...

Episode 1: Avery's prayer When we have our family prayer we take turns between the 3 of us. This night it was Avery's turn and one of us will help her.

Mommy: Dear
Avery: Dear

Mommy: Heavenly Father
Avery: Heav wee Fader

Mommy: Thank you
Avery: thank you

Mommy: for
Avery: five, six, even (& then we about lost it..... We'd never heard her count past 3 before!)

Episode 2: [Quick little preface: Whenever Avery wakes up in the morning or from a nap I always ask her if she slept well]
We were house sitting for the Beckstead's (a family in our ward) and I had laid Avery down for the night around 9:15. At 10:45, Joey and I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. A little irritated, we waited on her to get to the bottom and round the corner all the while wondering why in the world she was up. As she sees us she says, mornee (morning) mommy, I seep well! After that adult like phrase, with a sweet smile we let her stay up with us for a while!

Episode 3:Lunch

Mommy: Avery, what do you want for lunch?
Avery: cwabby patty ( I think we may watch a little bit too much of Spongebob!)
Does anyone know how to make a crabby patty?

6 comments:

Amanda and Daniel McLain said...

hahahahaha That was just hilarious :-) I can't wait to have those moments with our little Springer!

Cat and Blake Potter said...

lol awww she is such a cutie!!! I loved the prayer story. Benson also gets up sometimes and tells us he had a "beau dodo" which is french for slept well. I wish we lived closer, I would loove to meet her--and see you of course!!

Jared and Katy said...

How fun...I love how she justs melts you and Joey's heart and you two give in...but who wouldn't?!

Unknown said...

TOo cute! such a fun stage...good job recording it all b/c I thought I would always remember, but I SO don't!! so I hear you may be coming for a visit?? I am so excited AND ashley and I are in serious need of some help in the hair department :)

Tenille said...

She is so cute!!! I miss her...and you too of course :D

Tiffany said...

Russ and I told Adrienne that hamburgers were crabby patties, just to get her to eat something besides peanut butter. That finally evolved to a "hamburger with just with ketchup"a. and now with cheese. That is funny.