Sunday, May 17, 2009

An A+ visiting teacher

On May 13 this week my visiting teacher proved to be the most AMAZING visiting teacher of all time..... She celebrated my birthday with me for the second time this year:) Here's the story:

I get a knock at my door to find my visiting teacher (Sister Whiting with gift in hand) and her husband greeting me with the Happy Birthday Song! My birthday is actually March 13, so I nervously smiled and awkwardly (but gratefully) said thank you. She then got a confused look on her face in response to my not-hidden-so-well reaction and asked, "is it not your birthday?" I didn't know what to do; I didn't want to embarrass her, but felt a little guilty for celebrating and taking a gift for a birthday that was not really mine. I then told her that my birthday is March 13 and she said she must have misread her vt-ing sheet cause she had just quickly glanced at it. Mar and May do look very similar! We got a good long laugh out of it and she said she just really didn't want to miss my birthday! So, I reaped the benefits of having 2 birthdays this year and a new beach towel to take on our fun trips over to Sandy Creek. This is what I call an A+ visiting teacher and we will get some good laughs out of this now and for years to come! Sister Whiting & Charis (you were missed while you were in Cali)-- ya'll are the BEST visiting teachers I could ever ask for!!! (& not only because you gave me a 2nd birthday this year)

4 comments:

Potter Family said...

lol thats cute

Tenille said...

What a sweet lady!

Charis said...

You do have a great visiting teacher ;-) Hope your second birthday was as fun as the first ;-)

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/kartu-kredit-untuk-ibu-rumah-tangga