Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break Mexico Beach

We were fortunate this year to be able to spend Spring Break down at the Hackett's (friends of the Graham family since the kids were small) beach house in Mexico Beach. I absolutely love it down there because it is beautiful and quiet:) It was a good way to spend the break and we are grateful for their hospitality!! We headed down on Tues. March 10 and got sun burnt pretty bad on the first day...:( Joey and I had forgotten how long we've been cooped up inside and were a little overeager to get a good tan; luckily Avery was lathered up well and she didn't burn.
It is so gorgeous here!!!
Family picture on day #2 after we were sunburnt! We didn't take any
chances after the first day; we wore plenty of sun screen!!! Avery loved the water and was a little dare devil running for the water until... the first wave toppled her over! She would still go in after that, but only with someone holding on to her. (which made me less nervous)
She had so much fun with the Beckstead's kids. They were so nice about including her and she thought she was so grown up. Here's is her after they buried her in the sand!
Avery and daddy heading out into the water! She's a little more hesitant here:)
Just a fun pic! The water was a little cold for my liking but the kids dove right on in. We spent a lot of time on the beach and playing in the sand. We had a sandcastle contest on Thurs., we never did declare a winner because each was awesome in its own way. Here is Alyssa and Natalie Beckstead's castle with all the pretty shells used to decorate it!
Joey, Jason and Hannah working on our sand castle... notice the big mote around the sand castle... that served many purposes. 1 being to keep Avery from toppling it over; after she was buried in the sand, she thought she needed to be in every sand pile!
Our finished castle. I took a stick and drew the bricks in; the boys kept making fun of me cause I couldn't wait for my turn to do this. I saw it done on the show where they have sand castle contests and anxiously awaited to participate in my contribution to the castle:)
The Beckstead's and Hannah and Jason watched Avery for us on the night of my birthday and Joey took me to eat at my favorite restaurant in Panama City.... THE TREASURE SHIP!! They have the best Mahi Mahi I've ever had and it was just as tasty that night as well!
It seems to be becoming a tradition for Joey and I to take a picture with this exact prop!
When we got home from our date the kids had decorated and set a cake out for me!
One of the last days at the beach
My little cutie pie!
Here are the kiddos that decorated for me!
Here's a picture of Avery that includes a funny little story: She did not like having to hold our hands while we were walking in the parking lots around the shops (probably because we just let her run everywhere around the beach house and on the beach). She started pitching a fit and throwing a pre- terrible two tantrum by dragging both her feet while we were holding her hands. Not a few seconds later she starts laughing and saying Whee while hanging in this position. Joey and I started laughing too! & were glad that tantrum didn't last long!
Always busy busy busy doing something...............
Awww......Hannah and Jason
This is as we were leaving and I love this picture of the two of them. You can just tell that she makes his heart melt!
On the way home and all tired out! I was glad Avery finally fell asleep because Hannah had fallen asleep and Avery kept grabbing her and saying "Hannah, Hannah." What a great 5 days Now, back to reality!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! That looks like such a fun vacation! Avery is a little darling!! Glad you got to get away for a great birthday!

Unknown said...

how lovely!! the beach and sun sound wonderful right about now as it is FREEZING and WINDY and occasionally still SNOWY here :) I hope your burn soaked in - OUCH!
love you guys!!

Mary Mitchell said...

Oh my goodness, this looks like so much fun! Your pictures are great. Makes me want to go the beach asap! Hope school is going great for both of you, I'm sure a week of relaxation was amazing =)!