Thursday, March 26, 2009

Happy Birthday to Us! (triple date)

** I was going to put the beach pics up of Avery tonight Rose but they are on Joey's computer and he's studying up at school.....so to play a little catch up: last week Karl, Joey's brother, got us tickets to the Mavericks Hawks game at Phillips Arena in Atlanta for our birthdays:) Although the Mavericks did not win, it was a lot of fun!!! When I first found out about the tickets I excitedly rushed to call my dad and tell him. Not 4 days later a Mavericks shirt was in our mailbox for me to wear to the game!!! Thanks dad, you're too good to me! The lady sitting behind us at the game noticed I was outnumbered and gave me a german flag to wave! (I proudly cheered on Dierk sp?)

Let me just give a quick history of how the younger Graham boys hate on TX and all their sports teams... Well, when Joey and I were first married and moved to Georgia Karl had gotten tickets to the Cowboys Falcons game! Of course the whole trip down on Marta they were all ragging on the Cowboys and I didn't say a word.... guess who won.... THE COWBOYS!!! and on the way home I didn't even rub it in although I wanted to...

I was hoping this night would be similar but the Mavericks couldn't pull it off :( I have to say it was kind of sad at the beginning of the game, there was no one there and it was so quiet for a basketball game, it almost felt kind of awkward! After half time it filled up and by the end it was packed and loud.The Hawks had been awful for a while but they are pretty good now and have some good players.... Mike Bibby (I remember watching him with my dad when he played for the Kings), Joe Johnson, Smith, and Horford (sp?)
The flying air hawk did some pretty cool tricks! (see above)
Joey and I at the beginning of the game!
Here's our triple date crew at Taco Mac by the CNN center in downtown Atlanta.
Karl and "Chick fil A" girl (I still don't know her name)he'll have to tell you the story! She was nice though:)
Hannah and Jason...........thanks again Karl!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun and you go right ahead and rub it in everytime Texas wins!!

Jared and Katy said...

Fun! Love all the pictures...and your dad is so sweet for sending you a t-shirt!

Amanda and Daniel McLain said...

I love those two! AND of course you two!!! :-) Looks like you had fun!