Thursday, January 22, 2009

Confused...



When Avery was somewhere around 7 months her first babble was da-da. Then we'll fast forward a few months to when she finally got the hang of da-die, daddy, daddy. She is all about her daddy! (probably because many days I come home from school to find all the cushions off the couch and on the floor. Then, somewhere among their midst I will find Avery and "da-ddy" laughing and having a good time.) Well, about a month ago before we left for TX around Christmas, Avery started calling Daddy, "Yoey!" We definitely knew she was talking about Joey/Daddy cause she'd distinctly be wanting him when calling, "Yoey, Yoey." At first it was hilarious but I could tell Joey wanted to be called daddy, so the GA Uncles along with myself have tried to make an effort to call Joey, Daddy in front of her. I guess I wasn't trying hard enough, because today she started calling him...
"honey, honey!" Kids are so smart and pick up on the funniest things! Either that or she is very confused at this point....who is this guy my daddy, Yoey or honey?!?!
I had to include this picture too because lately before we leave to go somewhere Avery will go look in the mirror, touch her face or hair and say, "pretty, pretty." There is always something fun, new and exciting with kids and we LOVE IT!!!

5 comments:

Penny said...

Hmmm...I wonder where she gets the mirror thing from?? Haha!!

Mary Mitchell said...

Mary did that for a while. She called Paul Daddy, Paul, and Sweetie. Nice! She eventually figured out that all other little kids call their Dad's "Daddy" - but she'll still call "PAUL!" every now and then. Ha. I love "Yoey" though. That's hilarious.

Potter Family said...

Soooo funny, Benson does the same thing, started to call Blake by his name, and sometime he calls me babe, lol. She is adorable!

Rosanne Boyd said...

Oh! Avery is just the cutest little thing! I agree with Penny on the mirror thing though :) Love You!!

Jared and Katy said...

SOOO cute! Love the mirror thing!