Sunday, November 23, 2008

Interesting...

Most of you who know Joey and I know that we are far from being a fan of Obama, but this week he was interviewed by 60 minutes and at the conclusion of the interview they asked him what he thought about the BCS system in college football. Here is an excerpt from that interview...

Kroft: "I have one last question: As president of the United States, what can you do, or what do you plan to do about getting a college football playoff for the national championship?"

Obama: "I think any sensible person would say that, if you've got a bunch of teams who play throughout the season and many of them have one loss or two losses, there's no clear, decisive winner, that we should be creating a playoff system. Eight teams, that would be three rounds to determine a national champion. It would -- it would add three extra weeks to the season. You could trim back on the regular season. I don't know any serious fan of college football who has disagreed with me on this. So I'm going to throw my weight around a little bit. I think it's the right thing to do."

First of all, Obama is right on the money with his emphasis on "any sensible person." Second, this isn't unfamiliar territory for a U.S. president.

Realistically, we know he can't really interfere at this level but we like him a little better now!

1 comment:

Penny said...

YES!! I loved this post. See he won't be too bad afterall!