Monday, June 20, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was such a treat this year!
My Mommy came up to visit and helped me with our new house.
We started out in the flower bed and between myself, mom, Mingi and Joey we pulled out all the old stuff, including 3 stumps and replaced it with this:



The girls loved spending time with her.

Originally Dad hadn't planned on coming up BUT I think he felt like he was missing out on all the FUN-  all this stuff is right up his alley.
He called in and got off work so he could come up too!
He pressure washed the back decks for us (see how he put TEXAS in it as he was doing it)
and cleaned out the creepy crawl space.
He is pretty AWESOME!
Mom helping me out;)
Mingi and Avery working
Avery loving on Grandma
Ansley loving all the popsicles Grandma feeds her

My girls love Mingi so much and so do we!
Joey and I call him our Brother from another Mother;)
It was a wonderful Mother's Day weekend
& I didn't have to cook, clean, or change diapers!!!!

5 comments:

The Hacketts said...

I cannot wait to see pictures of the house once all the renovations are complete. I know you are so excited to be in a home of your own...nothing like it! Love you all

Katy said...

Rachel...I love that picture of you and your mom. You look so fabulous and I love you haircut.
p.s. I know that I only know your mom through pictures, but has she lost weight because she is lookin' good too!
TWO HOT MOMMAS!

Rosanne Boyd said...

Aww, I miss you guys so much! I wish I lived closer!!

Unknown said...

No cooking or changing diapers?? What a great day then!!! And the Texas thing is funny...only texans would think of that...LOL Looks like a fun weekend!

Hallsville Grebe's said...

It is so fun to live close. I told your dad we will relish this moment 'cause if you move away and it is further it will be harder to visit and since you are close we are going to enjoy it. I just wish all of my children lived close. :)