Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekend Fun

This weekend the weather was so nice, so after watching college game day we headed over to Memorial Park. We didn't know until after 1 1/2 years of living in Athens that we have a little zoo. It's small but it has black bears, otters, bobcats, and many different birds including a bald eagle. We took Avery and she had a blast. They also have playgrounds and a a big pond with ducks and geese they allow you to feed.
She loved the swings!!!

She becomes more and more independent everyday. As we were walking the trails to see the animals she did not want me to hold her hand, she wanted to walk by herself.
Later that day Kimi and Taylor came out to watch the game with us. (and we hi-lited Kimi's hair) Avery is so lucky because she has so many cousins (12 first cousins)that no matter what the age are happy to play with her. Taylor and AVery were exceptionally cute last night. While we were watching the UGA vs ASU football game (which was awesome) Joey put Shrek on in the bedroom for the girls. Avery did not want to watch the movie she wanted to play. Well, she doesn't know how to play so nicely yet. I go and peek in on them to make sure everything is ok and Taylor says to me, "Rachel, can you get her to be quiet please and watch the movie?" I couldn't help but laugh cause she was so sincere, I thought to myself I wish I could and she understand me...


So, next Avery decides she wants to play with Taylor's hair by yanking it. Poor Taylor, she was such a good sport. I tried to show her it wasn't nice, but still she just doesn't understand yet. So Taylor puts the blanket over her head so Avery can't pull it anymore. This was just the remedy because...




she got Avery to lay down and watch the movie with her.(at least for a lil bit) THey were so cute the whole night!!!Thank you Taylor for being so patient!









5 comments:

Unknown said...

She is sooo cute! I love those pictures! She reminds me of little Megan there, crazy huh?!?

Jared and Katy said...

YAY! You have a blog...I'm so excited, I love the picture of you two at the Georgia game, so fun!

Mary Mitchell said...

We LOVE Memorial Park - isn't it great? I love that it's completely free to walk through the little zoo. We need to have a play date there with the girls!

Penny said...

Rachel I didn't know you had a blog. That's great. Now i can see all the cute pics of Avery and you.

Dave and Rashelle said...

AHH...I am so excited that you guys have a blog. Avery is such a cutie. It was so good to see you guys and meet your little girl. We seriously miss you guys and can't wait till we see you again. I think we need to make a trip to GA for sure. We will look for that BYU sign! :)